tinkity

Acne, Dark Circles, Dull Skin- Gone!

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free just shy of two months. Other than that lovely PMS time of the month, I noticed after about a month of being gluten-free that my skin texture/tone/etc. was improving. I was vaguely aware of this at first, but one morning I looked in the mirror and was just giddy by what I saw. I have had acne trouble most of my life. I have looked more and more sickly with dark circles, lines and dullness of my skin for the past couple of years (I'm only 31!). The acne is GONE. The dark circles- GONE. I sound like some sort of silly commercial for a 'look younger, feel better!' bogus infomercial product, but I'm in Aww. In general I am feeling better and better, but I'm wondering- has anyone else been surprised by this cool side effect? :)

• Upvote 1

My daughter's acne has been getting so much better gluten free but it flares up if she gets cross contaminated. Also, the brown spots on her chest/neck area are finally fading.

• Upvote 1

Not surprising at all. I was told by my son that I was aging backwards. Always nice to hear. Glad things are going well for you and thanks for sharing the good news.

• Upvote 1

People have been telling since I went gluten-free how healthy I look

• Upvote 1

I must say I am very pleased. ;)

Like many have said, there seem to be so many symptoms that I didn't even realize were symptoms- just seemed to be a part of everyday life, until they were gone... Now to try to gain some weight back!

• Upvote 1

I've been gluten free for a month and everyone keeps commenting that my skin looks amazing... I've had acne since I was twelve and I haven't had any more spots appear in the last two weeks or so. :) I never would have guessed that it would fix my acne along with everything else, but I'm certainly not complaining !!

YEs, my daughter's dark circles are slowly fading away and her skin looks better. More color, not so pale.