gflooser

Do You Trust The Safe gluten-free Medication List

Rate this topic

I'm wondering if it's just me! Lately it seems like when I start a new medication, it gives me a "glutening" reaction. The only sympton I get from a glutening is (sorry TMI) severe smelling gas. At this time, I am taking about 5 different medications/vitamines. I THINK 2 of them are glutening me. It's so hard to tell, because I am pregnant and sometimes wonder if it could be just a side effect of pregnancy. I really don't think it is though.

I will get the "reaction" after starting the new medication. So then I stop, and then the reaction stops. But when I continue taking the offending med, the reaction comes back. Here's the weird thing. If I continue to take the med. after a few days my reaction will slowly go away. All the meds I take are on the gluten-free safe medication list (even the generic brands). I have called companies, AND my DH, who works with a pharmacist, had the pharmacist research the ingredients of the meds and they even said they were safe. I really don't know what else I can do to assure they are indeed safe!

So, I'm left wondering

1: is it a true reaction and my body is just getting used to the gluten in the med?

2: is it just a normal reaction that my body is putting out due to a new medication?

3: am i just going nuts??? don't answer that:)

Do you trust the gluten-free safe meds list? Thanks guys, for sticking with me through my bull!

Sorry -I don't trust the gluten free medication list. I always call the company myself first. If a company tells me they can't guarantee a product is gluten free, or there is a chance of CC, I don't take it. It sounds like you already did some calling. I would just start changing the meds to a different company to see if you feel any different. Maybe they are made on shared lines? (Some companies don't like to give us this information) But it doesn't hurt to switch them.

I don't think you're nuts... ;) I hope you feel better soon! :)

Sorry -I don't trust the gluten free medication list. I always call the company myself first. If a company tells me they can't guarantee a product is gluten free, or there is a chance of CC, I don't take it. It sounds like you already did some calling. I would just start changing the meds to a different company to see if you feel any different. Maybe they are made on shared lines? (Some companies don't like to give us this information) But it doesn't hurt to switch them.

I don't think you're nuts... ;) I hope you feel better soon! :)

thanks;) i sure do feel like i'm going nuts sometimes!!!!