parrfunkel

Reaction To Dairy

Rate this topic

Wondering If those of you who react to dairy have simlar symptoms as you have to gluten or if the reaction is different.

I'm on a gluten and dairy free trial trying to solve some issues I've had - mainly reflux and bloating and also thyroiditis (likely hashimotos). I'm having a hard time sorting through reactions and what causes what.

Thanks

Wondering If those of you who react to dairy have simlar symptoms as you have to gluten or if the reaction is different.

I'm on a gluten and dairy free trial trying to solve some issues I've had - mainly reflux and bloating and also thyroiditis (likely hashimotos). I'm having a hard time sorting through reactions and what causes what.

Thanks

I'm still sorting through what's what, too... but here's how those two things affect me. Lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance BOTH make me feel the same ... bloating, gas, diarrhea, cramping... all that fun stuff. The difference for me is gluten seems to make me feel really tired, brain fog, sometimes joint pain if I really had a lot. Lactose intolerance doesn't do that to me... it just makes my tummy hurt and digestive issues. Hope this helps. :)

Yes I have like symptoms when I have dairy. Is a matter of fact I thought that it was lactose intolerance I had when my Celiac became full blown. Four months later I am able to eat hard cheeses by taking Lactaid.

my general malaise and crampiness & painful gas is somewhat similar... but wheat & gluten cause more pain... and more bloating

too much milk usually gives me "D".. and gluten would always give me "C" OR a combination. years ago, when i was regularly eating gluten- i had those classic discolored and fatty, malabsorption BMs.

also- like said above- the gluten also gives me more neurological and mental issues.. more brain fog.. more grogginess..

gluten also made me itchy. and towards the end- it would also give me tachycardia & nausea.

this past week, ive had a little more cramping.. and gas.. and some of the old DH on my forearm is itching.. plus ive been oversleeping- so im crazy paranoid now- trying to figure out where the gluten snuck in???? (this does not happen with dairy).

Thanks

ps- are you getting routine thyroid panels??? you need to make sure you stay on top of that so you dont suffer needlessly

I have digestive symptoms from dairy also. I used to not be able to sleep if I ate any dairy, it kept me mentally wired all night. I don't eat it tho.

You can try an elimination diet to learn what foods are problems for you. There are tons of threads on them.