MsCurious

Mayo Clinic Video Lecure Directed To Physicians Not The General Population. Use Caution In Trying To Understand This!

Rate this topic

This is a MAYO CLINIC Video HotTopic lecture, specifically directed to physicians, not the general population.

Be careful in watching this video and trying to understand it without medical knowledge. I misunderstood when I first saw this and confused the TTG with Gliadin IGA and Gliadin IGG tests. The second two (not the TTG) have been replaced with DGP, as it is a newer and better test, if I'm understanding the video correctly. I had to watch it a couple of times and read lots of other things to understand the differences in the test names, etc. And truthfully, they're still confusing to me sometimes. But this is what researchers are telling other doctors about Celiac Disease at this point.

Please watch with CAUTION... don't try to self diagnose. Send this to your doctor if you think it will help. That's what I did, and he thanked me. This answered some questions I had, but I still have tons more.

WARNING!: at the end of the video they ask for PHYSICIAN input and questions. Please DO NOT respond to that, or they will realize that the general public can view it, and probably move it so that we can't refer to it.

This one should work... it works for me.

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/mediax/articles/hottopics/2010-06a2-insight/index.html

• Upvote 1

Came up as a broken link, wouldn't let me access :(

I reposted the link...and it works for me. Hopefully it will work for everybody that's interested. :)

• Upvote 1