CMCM

Olive Garden

Rate this topic

We went to Olive Garden last night. They had a limited gluten-free menu including a pasta sauce on rice noodles, but other than that mostly grilled steak, chicken, salmon and veggies. I got a mixed grill (chicken and steak) plus veggies which were asparagus and summer squash. It was really good! Of course, their menu had the usual disclaimer that they couldn't guarantee everything was 100% gluten-free with no cross-contamination.

The menu is limited but so are most places I guess. My experience there was a good one. The server explained that when a gluten-free meal is ordered they highlight it in red on the order board. Based on that I felt pretty safe. I had fish and it was fine.

We always get the pasta. Too bad you can't get a protein with the pasta. Yes, I know there is cheese. But we have outgrown a dairy allergy so we try not to eat dairy more than twice a week.

We do watch the salad though. Once we got one with a crouton in it after we asked for "no croutons". One of my parents (I forget which one now) made it worse by saying we would just pick out the crouton. Now that would have worked for me. I merely dislike croutons. Otherwise they are not a problem for me. Would be a problem for my daughter though.