snifter

Prevent Other Allergies ?

Rate this topic

Is there anyway to prevent becoming intolerant to other things such as diary? Is there something you could tell me now that you wish you would have known before hand? And let's say I'm intolerant to dairy or corn etc. already, is it doing damage to my gut and the villi? Or is it just I have to put up with the consiquinces but it's not damaging anything?

This may be a dumb question, I just don't want to lose everything and I'm trying to understand the difference between being allergic and being intolerant. It would be if it's doing damage correct?

Is there anyway to prevent becoming intolerant to other things such as diary? Is there something you could tell me now that you wish you would have known before hand? And let's say I'm intolerant to dairy or corn etc. already, is it doing damage to my gut and the villi? Or is it just I have to put up with the consiquinces but it's not damaging anything?

This may be a dumb question, I just don't want to lose everything and I'm trying to understand the difference between being allergic and being intolerant. It would be if it's doing damage correct?

You've asked a lot of questions, but I'll give you a tip on one thing I wish I had known...

Don't eat the same thing every day. When I first went gluten-free, I started eating apples and peanut butter for lunch every day. I did this for a long time. Now I'm intolerant to peanut butter. :-(

Vary your diet.

Also, allergy and intolerance are different. You should look up allergy and see what consequences are involved in eating something you're allergic to. For me, I am allergic to nuts and I get hives, stuffy nose, my throat swells, I get eczema, and my doc says I could possibly get anaphylaxis and need to use my epi-pen. An allergy has those kinds of symptoms, an intolerance doesn't. But an intolerance can be just as severe... your body reacts differently than if you were allergic.

Thank you so much for you response! It took me awhile to find this post and I haven't been online for awhile, I was going through some depression. Again thank you for you time it is very helpful