salexander421

Second Celiac Panel, Numbers Went Up A Little

Rate this topic

Ok so I got my results back for my celiac panel after being on a gluten challenge for almost 3 months. It came back with everything in normal range but some of the numbers went up just a little. Would you suspect anything by that? They didn't go up much but I'm thinking that if I was on gluten long enough they would continue to go up, not that I'm willing to test that theory :P Am I right? Maybe I'm reaching a little. I have a biopsy scheduled for next friday so we'll see how that turns out. Here's my results, old and new...

old/new normal range

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA 4/3 0-19

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG 1/3 0-19

tTG IgA <1/<1 0-3

tTG IgG <1/1 0-5

Endomysial Antibody IgA negative both times

Immunoglobulin A, Gn, Serum 203/214 70-400

More important than the numbers is how did you feel gluten free and how did your body respond to the challenge. Did the diet help issues you were having and did those issues return when you added back gluten?

More important than the numbers is how did you feel gluten free and how did your body respond to the challenge. Did the diet help issues you were having and did those issues return when you added back gluten?

Well, I definitely know I have a problem with gluten. There's really no question there. The challenge has been pretty miserable but I'm extremely stubborn so I was able to stick it out :P No matter how everything comes out I will be 100% gluten free after my endoscopy next Friday and can't wait! It's really just more of a curiosity thing I guess, just wondering if a small increase in numbers means anything? Or, is it pretty normal for those numbers to fluctuate whether you have a problem with gluten or not? Thanks for responding :)