Rate this topic

Heeeey everyone! I'm not sure if it's more appropriate to keep adding to my original thread or start a whole new one, so if this is in the wrong place, please accept my apologies in advance. :(

Anydoodles. I went back in for more bloodwork today (yippee, my favorite!). Of course, I don't know the results yet, but I have a beautiful, shiny new bruise to remember the occasion fondly. I'm thinking of calling this one "Dexter." After the bloodwork was done, and the doc asked me to do my routine urine test, she informed me that she's sending me to a gi. That is so very very exciting. I just cannot believe my luck. I might actually get to have a colonoscopy before I'm thirty -- and who says Christmas never comes early? At any rate, the first visit is just a consultation -- I know, I was disappointed too -- but I figured I wouldn't bother making the appointment until after the latest blood results came in.

However, to tide me over -- and also to provide to my new best friend, Dr. GI -- my doc gave me a copy of my last bloodwork. I have no idea what most of it means, although it's very interesting. I thought I'd post it up for everyone who needs a little extra stimulation in their lives, because I believe strongly in sharing the love. Also, I'd love any input as to whether or not anyone feels that the findings are relevant to my celiac journey.

Thanks in advance, and happy reading!

SaraNade's Super Awesome Blood Results from 9/30/10

Glucose, Serum: 85 (65-99)

BUN: 11 (5-26)

Creatinine, Serum: .70 (.57-1.00)

eGFR: >59 (>59)

eGFR AfricanAmerican: >59 (>59)

BUN/Creatinine Ratio: 16 (8-27)

Sodium, Serum: 138 (135-145)

Potassium, Serum: 3.8 (3.5-5.2)

Chloride, Serum: 102 (97-108)

Carbon Dioxide, Total: 20 (20-32)

Calcium, Serum: 9.2 (8.7-10.2)

Protein, Total, Serum: 7.3 (6.0-8.5)

Albumin, Serum: 4.4 (3.5-5.5)

Globulin, Total: 2.9 (1.5-4.5)

A/G Ratio: 1.5 (1.1-2.5)

Bilirubin, Total: .7 (0-1.2)

Alkaline Phosphatase, S: 45 (25-150)

AST (SGOT): 20 (0-40)

ALT (SGPT): 16 (0-40)

LIPID PANEL

Cholesterol, Total: 206 H (100-199)

Triglycerides: 67 (0-149)

HDL Cholesterol: 71 (>39)

VLDL Cholesterol Cal 13 (5-40)

LDL Cholesterol Calc 122 H (0-99)

LDL/HDL Ratio: 1.7 (0-3.2)

TSH: 2.720 (.450-4.500)

Lipase, Serum: 62 (0-59)

She made a really big deal about the lipase. She's not too keen on my cholesterol, either. What can I say, I like my fried twinkies and boiled...uh...insert something really unhealthy here.

I've got my pee tests, too, if anyone is still with me and dying for more material! Either way, thanks for reading!