Hammod

Hives After Eating Noodles... Help

Rate this topic

So on Monday I had homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch and in the middle of eating it I broke out in hives all over my chest and face. No other problems and it went away within about and hour or two. Tuesday I decide to eat exactly as I had on Monday and sure enough in the middle of eating the hives came back and again went away within an hour or two. Today I ate Ramon Noodles for lunch and broke out in hives again.

So now some background. I have a appointment to have an endoscopy done next thursday as I have had a suspicion of gluten intolerance for quite some time. Being back on gluten for the last how many months has been awful, but I just feel I need to know and even if the endoscopy comes back negative I am still going back to eating gluten free.

So my question is - could I be allergic to something in the noodles? It's weird is I had a piece of whole wheat bread this morning with peanut butter for breakfast and didn't break out, but all 3 days I had white noodles in my soups so I'm thinking it had something to do with that. I don't know I'm confused. Maybe I just get different symptoms from different things? I know when I drink beer I just get a really bad headache even if it's just one beer.

Anyone else have issues with hives and gluten intolerance?

So on Monday I had homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch and in the middle of eating it I broke out in hives all over my chest and face. No other problems and it went away within about and hour or two. Tuesday I decide to eat exactly as I had on Monday and sure enough in the middle of eating the hives came back and again went away within an hour or two. Today I ate Ramon Noodles for lunch and broke out in hives again.

So now some background. I have a appointment to have an endoscopy done next thursday as I have had a suspicion of gluten intolerance for quite some time. Being back on gluten for the last how many months has been awful, but I just feel I need to know and even if the endoscopy comes back negative I am still going back to eating gluten free.

So my question is - could I be allergic to something in the noodles? It's weird is I had a piece of whole wheat bread this morning with peanut butter for breakfast and didn't break out, but all 3 days I had white noodles in my soups so I'm thinking it had something to do with that. I don't know I'm confused. Maybe I just get different symptoms from different things? I know when I drink beer I just get a really bad headache even if it's just one beer.

Anyone else have issues with hives and gluten intolerance?

Was the soup homemade or did it have preservatives and MSG and junk in it?

My guess is that the soup also contained iodized salt. Between the gluten in the noodles and the iodine in the salt, you experienced Dermatitis Herpetiformis, which many of us with celiac have. People with this condition usually have to ingest BOTH gluten and iodine to have a skin reaction. Since you indicated that you once ate gluten free but have only returned to eating gluten for an endoscopy, you may have become more sensitive, and that's why the dermatitis is appearing. Only people with celiac have Dermatitis Herpetiformis; therefore, I would guess that you probably have celiac.