GlutenGladi8or

Rodizio Grill

Rate this topic

Bless these people, because they mean well. And I am quite the carnivore so I love these types of steakhouses when they keep bringing meats to the table.

But, I just received a direct mail piece that says:

"Rodizio Grill is America's First Brazilian Steakhouse and the only Brazilian Steakhouse 90% Gluten Free"

Again, they mean well, but I almost see a comedy skit when the waiter/waitress comes up to us Celiacs and says:

"Try our soup, it's okay, it's 90% gluten free"

"Want one of our beers on tap? It's okay, it's 90% gluten free"

I'll send them a note.

They might actually be referring to their menu. I've had several restaurants locally who said they were "mostly" gluten-free, and then proceeded to explain it in reference to their menu. :)

They might actually be referring to their menu. I've had several restaurants locally who said they were "mostly" gluten-free, and then proceeded to explain it in reference to their menu. :)

I absolutely agree with you. I just think they need some coaching in terms of how WE Celiacs read things.

It's almost like saying "At ValueJet, our planes don't crash 99.98% of the time"

I'll call their Marketing Director.

I absolutely agree with you. I just think they need some coaching in terms of how WE Celiacs read things.

It's almost like saying "At ValueJet, our planes don't crash 99.98% of the time"

I'll call their Marketing Director.

LOL! Isn't that the truth? We have a local pizzeria that is really great, but their ad said, Gluten Free Pizza, and directly beneath it, Whole Wheat Crusts. What they meant was, we now offer Gluten free pizza AND whole wheat crusts. ;) Oops! I avoided them for a year until I was referred by someone else who had asked the pertinent question and discovered their advertising boo-boo.

Since we are on the roll of misinterpretations in advertising, I thought you would like this TRUE story.

I actually worked on the advertising team that created the tagline "Pork. The Other White Meat". NO, I'm not the guy who came up with it, but I do know who it was.

Anyway, "The Other White Meat" was the national campaign. Every once in awhile a state association or a province in Canada would run outdoor campaigns that played off of the national campaign.

They ran a bunch of billboards that said "Pork the one you want".

I really wanted to enjoy these Brazilian places, but I found that the training and the ability to communicate with some employees was a problem.

If I'm paying $50-60 per person to eat, I want to be SURE that I'm not going to pay for it again later.

Tried Rodizio and another chain here in Denver. Didn't have an issue at either, but I avoided most everything after I got mixed signals at both. Hard to enjoy a meal that way....