Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aeraen

My Dear, Sweet, Teenaged Boy...

just brought me a Cadbury egg. <3

Can I eat it? The ingredients list is too small and shiny for me to read w/o unwrapping the whole thing, flattening it out and getting my reading glasses.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

just brought me a Cadbury egg. <3

Can I eat it? The ingredients list is too small and shiny for me to read w/o unwrapping the whole thing, flattening it out and getting my reading glasses.

I just did a search and apparently the Creme and Caramel ones are. -- woot! -- I'm heading to the grocery store now, and just came back to the board for a second before leaving. I'm glad I did. {adds to grocery list} B)

I love it when teenage boys are sweet to their mom's! I don't know about the Cadbury egg, but I read a few posts about it being gluten free and then one from someone who thought they got ill from it so I can't advise you on that. But I think your son is pretty cool!

Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.

--Hippocrates

Back from store with two four-packs. :rolleyes:

Regular creme eggs show no gluten ingredients listed. Allergy info says "manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts/tree nuts."

Caramel ones also have no gluten ingredients listed and the allergy info says: "manufactured on the same equipment that processes eggs" and "manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts/tree nuts."

That's it. I'm pouring some wine and having a cadbury egg while I watch Biggest Loser. B) (no comment about eating fattening chocolate while watching that show.) ;)

Back from store with two four-packs. :rolleyes:

Regular creme eggs show no gluten ingredients listed. Allergy info says "manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts/tree nuts."

Caramel ones also have no gluten ingredients listed and the allergy info says: "manufactured on the same equipment that processes eggs" and "manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts/tree nuts."

That's it. I'm pouring some wine and having a cadbury egg while I watch Biggest Loser. B) (no comment about eating fattening chocolate while watching that show.) ;)

In previous years, they were not gluten-free. Hmmm...maybe I'll get one for my teenaged (gluten-free) son. He has missed them.

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States