joej1

Gluten Free On The Road

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

I'm heading a few hours away to visit some family members tomorrow. Besides for the usual stuff of having to watch what i eat and bring my own snacks and all that what do you recommend for staying gluten free while traveling? I am thinking about bringing my own skillet/spatula to dedicate for just my cooking. I'm new to all this and haven't traveled yet gluten free

-Joe

I have to travel a lot, both domestic and international. Often visit a grocery store salad bar- Health food stores also have them too, YOu still have to be careful and make sure the dressing is gluten free etc. but more and more places are offering gluten-free items in the salad or hot bar even in local groceries. If your staying with family then having your own pan with you might be good even if it makes them feel a little uncomfortable they will get a better understanding of celiac and what we have to go through.

good luck

Hey guys,

I'm heading a few hours away to visit some family members tomorrow. Besides for the usual stuff of having to watch what i eat and bring my own snacks and all that what do you recommend for staying gluten free while traveling? I am thinking about bringing my own skillet/spatula to dedicate for just my cooking. I'm new to all this and haven't traveled yet gluten free

-Joe