dws

Is There A List Of Foods That Test Ultra Low In Gluten?

Rate this topic

I am reaching the conclusion that my gluten sensitivity has gotten more severe. I am feeling a lot better since eliminating all processed foods including those listed as gluten free. I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of processed foods that the more sensitive of us can tolerate? I am not sure what my threshold is, but I was thinking maybe 5 ppm might be a good standard. I am your average guy and cooking everything from scratch is getting a little tiresome. I also miss a lot if the snack foods I used to eat.

I find stuff from places that only do gluten free food to be the safest for me. I do Grainless Baker, Udi and Kinnickkinnick for baked goods without any problems. I also find a rice cooker to be a big help. I rinse some rice real well while some onion, oil and garlic brown in the bottom section and then add either left over chicken or some frozen shrimp and frozen single ingredient veggies or well rinsed tinned beans in the steamer basket. It is still 'cooking from scratch' but cutting the onion and garlic only take a couple minutes and then I get to sit and read the paper and relax.

For real quick meals I use Dinty Moore beef stew with a few peas or green beans tossed in and some Glutino Crackers. I also use Jimmy Deans Scramblers a lot and have never had an issue with them. They come in a bag in the freezer section and are just fried up and then you add an egg.