jldskier1234

Posting Questions

Rate this topic

needin approval is a little strange isn't it? we are adults here and asking questions concerning a very serious problem to most of us. i can see reviewing 2-4 posts. most people with a disease like are not going to put offensive stuff in print, at least i wouldn't. bt sometimes waiting to hear and answer to something is hard for some of us. just a thought! me personaly it is a little frustrating.

Most people are willing to put up with the inconvenience of moderation in order to keep the board free of spam.

• Upvote 1

needin approval is a little strange isn't it? we are adults here and asking questions concerning a very serious problem to most of us. i can see reviewing 2-4. most people with a disease like are not going to put offensive stuff in print, at least i wouldn't. bt sometimes waiting to hear and answer to something is hard for some of us. just a thought! me personaly it is a little frustrating.

It's not the people with celiac disease or legitimate questions that post offensive stuff. It's the random spammers that exist on the internet that will try to post ads for things like penis pumps and stuff that is a concern. I'm sure the board owners and mods have the post minimum there because some of those bots are persisitant and will keep trying more and than 3 times to get their spam posted.

Another way to look at this is that this is a great community of people and it's well worth it to stick around for a bit and post more than 2-3 questions. We are a great support group for those that don't know anyone in real life with this disease. I hope you can get past the post minimum to stick around and interact more on this board.

• Upvote 1

Yes, you would be amazed what people try to post here, and how many times they are willing to try it :unsure:

This is seriously frustrating to me because I am not a computer whiz and not used to using discussion boards, etc. I don't know the difference between a forum, a blog, a thread or a post. Come on, does it have to be this complicated to share info with people who share a difficult problem?

This is seriously frustrating to me because I am not a computer whiz and not used to using discussion boards, etc. I don't know the difference between a forum, a blog, a thread or a post. Come on, does it have to be this complicated to share info with people who share a difficult problem?

What would make it easier for you?

As far as I have seen, you have not shared any information with us yet, just complained because your first posts are moderated, :)

To help explain the forum (also referred to as the "board", I am responding to your "post" entitled "Posting Questions" which was "posted"as a "thread" in the" Board Forum Technical Help" section of the board.

Your first post could just as easily have been posted in the "Coping with Celiac Disease" section of the board and have asked us for help with some particular problem you are having. There is nearly always a moderator close by for post approval, so there is no big delay in getting your post seen by others and getting the help you are asking for.

A blog is someone's home page where they post information for friends and family, or it may be a commercial blog where they post recipes and other information. Links to personal blogs are not permitted in posts as part of the board rules, but you may post information about your blog in your profile.

Now what's so difficult about that? :)