jemms

Is Celiac Positive?

Rate this topic

I was tested for gluten sensitivity and this is what came back.

IgA NEGATIVE

tTG POSITIVE

IgG POSITIVE

The doctor said it looks like it is celiacs. I am unsure because of the low reading of IgA. Has anyone else had test results like this? I dont know if I should have an endo to be certain? Thank you so much for reading this. I am very frustrated right now and appreciate a forum like this.

I was tested for gluten sensitivity and this is what came back.

IgA NEGATIVE

tTG POSITIVE

IgG POSITIVE

The doctor said it looks like it is celiacs. I am unsure because of the low reading of IgA. Has anyone else had test results like this? I dont know if I should have an endo to be certain? Thank you so much for reading this. I am very frustrated right now and appreciate a forum like this.

well u dont have to have a positive on any Iga results to have a problem, because u could be Iga deficient- which is why they also tested your Igg.

but im confused a little- cause your results page is so vague- that's all that was on your paper?? no numbers?? no ranges?? i would need more information- ask your doc if there's some numbers and ranges to your labwork

sorry about the vagueness...I am new to this and my head is just reeling with the fact that I may have celiacs.

This is what the paper says

IgA Negative 7 ~range for negative is less than 10

IgG is Positive 35 ~range moderate to strong is above 30

Ttg is Positive 34 ~range moderate to strong is above 30

I have very low Vitamin D levels, Depression, GI problems and it would be great to finally have an answer as to why I feel the way I do. My doc said it looks like celiacs so I guess I could have a deficiency in IgA?

Any advice or info would be great. Thanks so much.

I would call that a strongly positive test for celiac disease. Many doctors will only run the Ttg. He apparently did not run a total serum IGA so there's no way of knowing if you are deficient in IGA. It is up to you whether you do the endo. But with two positive tests, and your symptoms, I would consider myself to be celiac with or without the endo. And remember, the endo can always come back negative if the doc fails to take enough biopsies or takes them from an undamaged area. We have heard of many people with positive blood work and negative biopsies. The error rate on biopsy is about the same as blood work - about 20% false negative.

• Upvote 1

i agree with everything shroom said

and you could be Iga deficient- it's really common in those with Celiac.