Kquad

Hate To Ask Again Test Result Questions

Rate this topic

I have been diagnosed with IBS diarrhea for 8 years, Over the last 4 months, I have gotten much worse, constant nausea without vomiting, more fatigue, diarrhea, bloating and more pronounced irritabilty and forgetfulness. Asked for more tests and was given a TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IGA, IGG,

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IgG 0.15 <0.90 - Index

Tissue transglutaminase IgA 1.45 <0.90 - Index

The IgA is positive, have no idea how strong as Kaiser uses a different reference than I can find. Went on a Gluten free diet for 4 days, nausea and bloating are starting to resolve, Went to a different MD and she told me that she is not sure I have it. Told me to go on back on my regular diet and she wants to do biopsy's. I am just starting to feel better.:(

Is it really questionable with these results?

My vitamin levels were fine, but I was ravenous ( 4,000 calories a day) for years and never gained an ounce. Oh yea, an ultrasound years ago showed a liver that consistent with fatty liver. I have never been heavy, hardly ever drink ( although college was an exception) and do not have diabetes or high triglycerides. On several websites, it was associated with Celiac.

What you do from here is up to you. You don't need a doctors permission to be gluten free. However if you do feel you need a doctors diagnosis to stay compliant with the diet or to encourage others in your family to be tested then go back on gluten and get biopsies done in a couple months. Do be aware that biopsies and blood tests both have false negatives so you would need to do a good strict trial of the diet after testing is finished. If you have a long history of problems that your doctor is aware of some doctors will diagnose with celiac or gluten intolerance based on a positive blood test, (which you have) combined with good response to the diet.

Thank you for responding. I have decided to go ahead with the test, just to see if they find that are anything else and then go on the diet again immediately for several weeks and if some of the symptoms leave, then that is good enough for me. Slight nausea again today after eating yesterday. Will also get my son's results. As he was tested for it because he has aspergers syndrome.

Thank you for responding. I have decided to go ahead with the test, just to see if they find that are anything else and then go on the diet again immediately for several weeks and if some of the symptoms leave, then that is good enough for me. Slight nausea again today after eating yesterday. Will also get my son's results. As he was tested for it because he has aspergers syndrome.

Why do you mention your son's Asperger's. My son has that and I just tested him because my daughter and I have celiac disease. Is there a connection with celiac disease and Aspergers? I was only told his ttg numbers which were negative. Thanks.

Why do you mention your son's Asperger's. My son has that and I just tested him because my daughter and I have celiac disease. Is there a connection with celiac disease and Aspergers? I was only told his ttg numbers which were negative. Thanks.

according to some websites, there may be a link. So I asked to have him tested.

There can be a link between the Autism spectrum disorders and celiac or gluten intolerance. Some people with autistic or mood issues get a great deal of relief with the diet. Celiac and gluten intolerance can have substantial impact on the brain. Even if testing for celiac is negative it can't hurt to try the diet. Testing for celiac and gluten intolerance have pretty high rates of false negatives especially when the impact is primarily neuro.

Oh dear me. I was so happy about his results eventhough it was just the ttg. Evidently, the others are not back yet. I will have to wait until tomorrow for that. My daughter was just diagnosed last Tuesday. Well sort of: ttg>100 gliadin>100. Sorry, I don't have the results in front of me. My daughter is all for the new way of eating. She is amazing all around. My son is amazing too, of course, but he is a pasta and bread junkie. I know I can find/make alternatives, but it will be more difficult for him. Anyway, thanks for the insight.

update

Just saw Gastro-enterologist, he told I probably have Celiac and a positive IgA is a positive IgA. He would biopsy me if I like, but that I should go on the diet and if I feel better, then I am effectively a Celiac sufferer.

My son is amazing too, of course, but he is a pasta and bread junkie.

For many of us that have celiac gluten is literally an addictive substance. My DS wouldn't eat anything but pasta from the time he tasted it as a toddler and growing up every meal had to include pasta or noodles of some sort. With your daughter being diagnosed you may want to make the whole house gluten free and make sure your son tries the diet strictly for at least a couple of months even if his tests are negative. If we are addicted we do go through a bit of withdrawl so be patient if folks are a bit moodier than usual at first.

Thai Kitchen makes a good rice noodle that I use a lot. I was an angel hair pasta junkie myself, and they also make a thicker noodle. There are other good gluten-free pastas but they are my personal favorite. Udi's and Grainless Baker both make pretty good breads. Most of our breads are best when warmed or toasted but Udi's is one of the few that I actually like right out of the wrapper.