Kat70R

Can Anyone Relate Too Eating More Gluten For Test And Having Less Tummy Issues?

Rate this topic

Hello, has anyone notices that eating more gluten after reducing it for years can cause less stomach issues? I am finding that as I am eating it everyday (for upcoming test)I am having less issues. Maybe it is also that I include probiotics which really helps but if I really had celiac wouldn't my stomach get worse? Maybe I don't have it after all, not sure because I do have several other symptoms.

Thanks for reading Kat

I had that happen. I had been gluten free for only a month and I wasn't really feeling sick any more. I started eating gluten again and actually experienced NO symptoms and thought "Oh, maybe it's not the problem after all..." but gradually the symptoms began to return, including ones I didn't even realize had disappeared until they came back (yeast infections, anxiety, and more). Now that I've been gluten-free for much longer I'm having the severe reactions within hours to even small amounts of gluten. I know some celiacs that have lessened reactions over time, though. You're still getting the damage, just not feeling it the same way.

I had that happen. I had been gluten free for only a month and I wasn't really feeling sick any more. I started eating gluten again and actually experienced NO symptoms and thought "Oh, maybe it's not the problem after all..." but gradually the symptoms began to return, including ones I didn't even realize had disappeared until they came back (yeast infections, anxiety, and more). Now that I've been gluten-free for much longer I'm having the severe reactions within hours to even small amounts of gluten. I know some celiacs that have lessened reactions over time, though. You're still getting the damage, just not feeling it the same way.

Thank you so much AzizaRivers, your response is very helpful! It is interesting that the less that you eat the more sensitive that you become, I had no idea!