Katrala

gluten-free Bisquick For Pancakes

Rate this topic

I'm new to the diet and I've been dreading any bread products. I saw gluten-free Bisquick at the store the other day and picked up a box, thinking that I may get sick of canned tuna and hard boiled eggs and give it a whirl.

This morning I made pancakes for my kids (regular) and they looked so good. I was just about to pour myself a bowl of cereal when I thought about the Bisquick, so I scrubbed down the kitchen and made myself some.

I was surprised how good they were! I did use butter and maple syrup (and don't want to even think about how many calories / how much fat they contained) and was discouraged when they appeared dark brown / gray in the pan, but they didn't taste much different from regular pancakes!

This is an exciting moment for me! To have something so close to "normal" is fantastic!

I'm new to the diet and I've been dreading any bread products. I saw gluten-free Bisquick at the store the other day and picked up a box, thinking that I may get sick of canned tuna and hard boiled eggs and give it a whirl.

This morning I made pancakes for my kids (regular) and they looked so good. I was just about to pour myself a bowl of cereal when I thought about the Bisquick, so I scrubbed down the kitchen and made myself some.

I was surprised how good they were! I did use butter and maple syrup (and don't want to even think about how many calories / how much fat they contained) and was discouraged when they appeared dark brown / gray in the pan, but they didn't taste much different from regular pancakes!

This is an exciting moment for me! To have something so close to "normal" is fantastic!

the mix makes some pretty good biscuits too

this website gives you all kinds of ways to use gluten free bisquick

http://www.bettycrocker.com/search/searchresults?sr=2&st=7&term=gluten%20free#/?term=gluten%2Bfree&pi=1&mr=20

I'm so glad to hear this is good. I picked some up at the store yesterday and haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the link, too!