laura4669

Looking For Corn Free Eggs

Rate this topic

I found out I am sensitive to corn, and I am looking for corn free eggs. Most organic, free range eggs that I have found come from chickens fed a vegetarian diet, which includes soybeans and corn (GMO I am sure). Would love to not have the soy either. Anyone know of any sources? Thanks!

I found out I am sensitive to corn, and I am looking for corn free eggs. Most organic, free range eggs that I have found come from chickens fed a vegetarian diet, which includes soybeans and corn (GMO I am sure). Would love to not have the soy either. Anyone know of any sources? Thanks!

Really?!? How can they call them free range and organic if they are fed GMO's? That said, I am sensitive to soy and I do not have to buy special eggs. If the eggs are bothering you perhaps it is the egg itself you have a sensitivity to...I really think your best option if you want to know what your chickens are fed is to find a nearby farm that sells eggs right from their free range chickens. That way you can ask about and actually see their practices.

Really?!? How can they call them free range and organic if they are fed GMO's? That said, I am sensitive to soy and I do not have to buy special eggs. If the eggs are bothering you perhaps it is the egg itself you have a sensitivity to...I really think your best option if you want to know what your chickens are fed is to find a nearby farm that sells eggs right from their free range chickens. That way you can ask about and actually see their practices.

I think you are correct, I might just need to work with a local farmer. I am not sure that they are being fed GMO's, but after everything I have been reading, I believe there are a lot of things that go on that are not totally revealed to the consumer.

Corn and soy aren't good for chickens and I doubt they would feature prominently in any feed. Additionally, chickens eat bugs, so that 'vegetarian/free range' thing does not work.

There is a movement here to allow people to have chickens at thier homes in the towns. I would love to have a few, I think it would be fun. But it ain't gonna happen in my city.

There is a movement here to allow people to have chickens at thier homes in the towns. I would love to have a few, I think it would be fun. But it ain't gonna happen in my city.

'tis fab. I'm planning on getting 8 more this weekend. I suppose the girls will be jealous.

'tis fab. I'm planning on getting 8 more this weekend. I suppose the girls will be jealous.

Do you eat that many eggs? Or give them away?

Do you eat that many eggs? Or give them away?

I have friends who can't have chickens at their house, so we're forming a chicken co-op. They'll pay me one bag of feed for every 4 dozen eggs, or roughly $4/dozen. This is quite a bit cheaper than farmer's market eggs, and despite all the fancy labeling, anything you buy at the grocery store has no flavor.

Thank you for the thread link! From there I went to the reccomended website backyardchickens.com and I have been reading it for the last hour with interest. I don't even own land, (I currently rent) but if I buy in the near future the possibility of having chickens will now be something to consider. I'm fascinated by it! :)