caberma

Is Ocella Birth Control Gluten-Free?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I've been gluten-free for about three years now and have had an IUD the entire time. Now I have to switch to the pill, and my doctor's sent in a prescription for Ocella, which is the generic form of Yasmin. I called the company and they said that to the best of their knowledge, it is gluten-free, but that it is manufactured elsewhere with outside ingredients, so they cannot be 100% sure. Has anyone here taken it, and if so, have you had a reaction to it? Or does anyone else have any better information about it?

Thank you!!

I got the same response when I talked to them nearly 2 years ago. But I took a chance on them and in those 2 years I've have yet to have a reaction from it. Good luck with it!

I take Yasmin because they've confirmed that it is gluten free, I won't change to the generic because they won't confirm it, however, in all likelihood, it probably is.

Hi there, thanks so much for your response! So you've taken it with no reaction at all? Are you someone who reacts to slight amounts of gluten in general? I'm pretty sensitive to it and am just really worried that there's even a trace amount there :-/

I got the same response when I talked to them nearly 2 years ago. But I took a chance on them and in those 2 years I've have yet to have a reaction from it. Good luck with it!

Hi everyone, I've been gluten-free for about three years now and have had an IUD the entire time. Now I have to switch to the pill, and my doctor's sent in a prescription for Ocella, which is the generic form of Yasmin. I called the company and they said that to the best of their knowledge, it is gluten-free, but that it is manufactured elsewhere with outside ingredients, so they cannot be 100% sure. Has anyone here taken it, and if so, have you had a reaction to it? Or does anyone else have any better information about it?

Thank you!!

I take generic Yasmin (Ocella)and I am very sensitive to CC. Our entire house is gluten free, so when I am exposed to gluten (mainly eating out due to CC) I am very sick, rather quickly. And I have never had trouble with Ocella. Good luck!

Thank you so much for that - that makes me feel a lot better. I'll give it a try, since you've had so much luck with it!!

I take generic Yasmin (Ocella)and I am very sensitive to CC. Our entire house is gluten free, so when I am exposed to gluten (mainly eating out due to CC) I am very sick, rather quickly. And I have never had trouble with Ocella. Good luck!