ozzy2650

Gluten And Egg Allergy, Celiac Test Came Back Neg?

Rate this topic

Not sure if I am in the right board, but I have been tested and have a high egg allergy and a wheat gliadian, spelt, and whole wheat allergy? Being new to all this, does that mean Gluten? I see on the results that they tested for Gluten as a different thing? That line was a moderate/high allergy. Anyone have a wheat and egg allergy? Most of the Gluten free breads are made with eggs, any suggestions?

There is gluten in wheat gliadin. There is also gluten in rye, barley, spelt, kamut., etc. Many of us have to make our own breads because of the other allergens in the processed loaves. If you buy a mix you can buy one that doesn't have eggs and then you can use eggg replacer or apple sauce.

Let me make sure I understand right.

You tested positive on the allergy test for:

whole wheat

wheat gliadin

spelt

egg

and gluten

Is that right? If that's the case, then yeah, you'll need to go gluten free, yeah.

Re: your egg allergy, though - did they tell you if it was egg yolks or egg whites you reacted to, or both? That is actually pretty important to find out, as some medications (including the flu shot and anaesthetic) may use yolks or whites, but not both. You'll need to know which one is safe for you. Did they test your for chicken? There is one protein in both egg yolks and whites that is also in chicken, so you can be allergic to all three. Or you can react to a protein specific to the whites, or to the yolks. Or another shared one (isn't just so fun that it's never simple, eh? <_< )

shauna

Was it IgE or IgG or IgM antibodies?

ordinary allergy is mostly IgE.

The immune reaction with celiac is different, as it is not an allergy.

I think that with wheat and gliadin etc. allergy, you must be even more strict with the diet than celiacs, as one also reacts to airborne gluten containing grain dust.

Let me make sure I understand right.

You tested positive on the allergy test for:

whole wheat

wheat gliadin

spelt

egg

and gluten

Is that right? If that's the case, then yeah, you'll need to go gluten free, yeah.

Re: your egg allergy, though - did they tell you if it was egg yolks or egg whites you reacted to, or both? That is actually pretty important to find out, as some medications (including the flu shot and anaesthetic) may use yolks or whites, but not both. You'll need to know which one is safe for you. Did they test your for chicken? There is one protein in both egg yolks and whites that is also in chicken, so you can be allergic to all three. Or you can react to a protein specific to the whites, or to the yolks. Or another shared one (isn't just so fun that it's never simple, eh? <_< )

shauna

Yes that is right. They tested me for both and it was more Egg whites than the egg yokes but both were consider very high. Chicken itself was non reactive. Wheat Gliadin, Spelt, GLuten, and Whole Wheat were considered high.

Was it IgE or IgG or IgM antibodies?

ordinary allergy is mostly IgE.

The immune reaction with celiac is different, as it is not an allergy.

I think that with wheat and gliadin etc. allergy, you must be even more strict with the diet than celiacs, as one also reacts to airborne gluten containing grain dust.

It was IgG. They did run a celiac panel but I am not sure of the results. I have an appt. on Monday for follow up.

Sara

Be sure to get the celiac IgA gliadin Ab done, and the IgG gliadin Ab, and the tissue translgutaminase or the new and better deaminated gliadin test done. All of those are more specific for celiac than the IgG gliadin test.

If you google ford gluten you can read that he considers that one very suspicious for gluten intolerance at least. (I mean the antigliadin IgG test)