Rate this topic

Hi

I've noticed I'm getting an increased number of migraines since I stopped eating gluten. I was hoping that these would get less not more, but I have read that when you first remove gluten foods from your diet you can go through a kind of withdrawal.

I've been off gluten for nearly four weeks, although in the first week I was accidentally glutened twice.

Thanks - FS xx

It could be withdrawal symptoms or it could be that you are intolerant to something else that your are eating more of now that you are gluten free. You might want to keep a food and symptom journal to see if you can pinpoint any common foods that you eat before the migraine shows up. Keep in mind that there can be a delay of up to a couple days after eatign somethign for some intolerance symptoms. That is a why a food and symptom journal would help. It might also help you figure out if you are still getting small amounts of accidental gluten.

i got an increase of migraines until my fourth month gluten free, my doctor agrees it was probably withdrawal symptoms, and possibly soy allergy. I have had no migraines since which is reassuring though. Hope your okay.