Rate this topic

My numbers have steadily gone down since going gluten-free. Here are my blood results:

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA: 15 Negative range

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG: 33 High (moderate to strong positive)

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA: <2

so my question is: Am I still getting hidden gluten somewhere because the IgG reading is still high?

It is possible you are still getting trace amounts. What are you typically eating? Have you eliminated gluten from topical items? Have you checked all meds and supplements? And the most important IMHO is how are you feeling?

I don't know how high your readings were to begin with but if they were very high and have been steadily coming down, you are very careful with your diet and topicals and are not having any symptoms then it may just be that your system is taking a long time to clear gluten antibodies. I don't know for sure how long it takes for all tests to be in low ranges and it may be an individual thing. Have you have had a few accidental injestions? I think that might keep them a bit into the higher ranges also.

It is possible you are still getting trace amounts. What are you typically eating? Have you eliminated gluten from topical items? Have you checked all meds and supplements? And the most important IMHO is how are you feeling?

I don't know how high your readings were to begin with but if they were very high and have been steadily coming down, you are very careful with your diet and topicals and are not having any symptoms then it may just be that your system is taking a long time to clear gluten antibodies. I don't know for sure how long it takes for all tests to be in low ranges and it may be an individual thing. Have you have had a few accidental injestions? I think that might keep them a bit into the higher ranges also.

my december 10 readings in the same order as above were:

deamidated IgA: 16

deamidated IgG: 59

tTG: 3

my first tTG was a 51 back in april 2010, so yes I have gone steadily down. I may have had several accidental ingestions but they would have been in small quantity. I have to make a list of everything that I think might be suspect. I also am going to call all of my medicine companies to double check and triple check that they are gluten free... some of these generic companies I worry about...

my december 10 readings in the same order as above were:

deamidated IgA: 16

deamidated IgG: 59

tTG: 3

my first tTG was a 51 back in april 2010, so yes I have gone steadily down. I may have had several accidental ingestions but they would have been in small quantity. I have to make a list of everything that I think might be suspect. I also am going to call all of my medicine companies to double check and triple check that they are gluten free... some of these generic companies I worry about...

Generics do usually need to be checked at each refill as companies can change binders at will Some companies do always use gluten free binders though. I get a Sandoz generic and the company has assured me that they will not use gluten ingredients in any of their products.