kbf23

How Long To See Results

Rate this topic

Hello. I'm new here. I was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis almost six years ago. Since then, nothing we have done has helped. About two months ago, I did a test for gluten sensitivity through EnteroLab and it came back positive. My question is: If the diet is going to help me, about how long will it be until I see results? I have been gluten free for six weeks and casein free for four days now. I'm just really needing relief. My joints actually feel worse now than they did when I started the diet.

If it were to help you -- and there's no guarantee it will -- there's really no way at all to say how long before you would see results. All of us are different. For instance, my dermatitis herpetiformis disappeared almost instantly after going gluten-free, but others take anywhere from weeks to a couple of years.

richard

Eek! That's kind of discouraging. I know it's truthful, but being on such a restrictive diet without knowing if it's going to help and if it does that it may take years....Yowza! Thanks for the reply though.