Mummyto3

Could I Have celiac disease?

Rate this topic

My family have a history of bowel problems. I don't know the exact diagnosis's of them other than my nan who had colon cancer and my aunt who has IBS. An uncle and cousin (his niece) died due to complications with the bowel. My daughter has been diagnosed aged 9 with celiac. I'm starting to wonder whether I could have it too. My blood test will be next week Friday.

I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid (although I'm slim rather than weight prob). I'm constantly tired despite thyroid being ok on tablets. I struggle to get to sleep despite being tired from time I get up and into the evening. I have a clicky hip which started 2 yrs ago and lately have a really achy lower back. I have constipation on and off (from what I can tell) and do get bloated although not all the time. My daughters symptoms are stronger than mine. I also suffered badly with anemia when I was pregnant.

Glad your getting tested. Don't go gluten free until all the testing you choose to do is finished then as soon as testing is done go ahead and get gluten free. Since there are fairly high rates of false negatives a dietary trial is needed no matter what the results. It is not uncommon at all to find that there is more than one celiac in the family once one is diagnosed as it is strongly genetic. In my family it is 4 out of 4, myself, my kids and even my ex.