Harpgirl

Busch Gardens - Tampa

Rate this topic

We just went to Busch Gardens tonight (we have passes), and I was in the bakery getting some coffee and I saw that they had an entire display by the register devoted to gluten-free food and snacks! It's not something they have listed on their website (at least I didn't find it). I never noticed it before and am very pleased with that! :D Just thought others would like to know if they visit the park. :)

Okay, so Saturday, we went back and I forgot to grab the gluten-free sandwiches that I made for my lunch. I went to the information booth to find out if they knew if the popcorn was gluten free (FYI it's not). They then gave me a copy of all their gluten free items at different restaurants throughout the park. I though "Hey this is great! I can eat at the smokehouse (so good! but overpriced) and get the meat without BBQ sauce. But while I was standing in line, I saw that they cut their meat on wooden boards, so I talked to the manager about their gluten free menu and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. When I started to talk about CC, she looked even more perplexed. Anyway, my "gluten-free" lunch made me sick an hour later, and I'm still not quite over it. I'm having trouble getting through on the phone to anyone at Busch Gardens who would need to know about the level of training in their kitchen workers. :angry: Next time, I'll go for the packaged snacks I found in the bakery.