SewingJan

Blood Test For Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

My niece is suffering from many of the symptoms I have had over the years. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 9 months ago and am doing much better on a gluten free diet. My doctor first did a blood test which was positive then referred me to a GI doc who did a biopsy of the upper colon which was also positive. My niece wants to have the blood test but I can't find the info for her to request from her doctor. I have read on the forum that the test has a specific name and it is hard to find a doctor who will order it. Does anyone know the name of the blood test? Thanks for any info. :D

Have her take this to the doc. She should highlight the name of the test because most doc don't have time to read the whole thing. Also, look around on that website. They have some good info.

http://www.celiacdisease.net/assets/documents/2011CDCFactSheets_AnitbodyBloodTests.pdf

My daughter was recently diagnosed. I just asked our local GP surgery for me and my hubby to be tested for Coeliac. I thought that that is all you ask for???

Thanks for the info. I will tell her about the site and encourage her to take it to her doctor.