SAVANNAH21

Hla Blood Typing Results

Rate this topic

Can anyone help with these blood results. I had a positive biopsy which showed blunting of my villi and have been gluten free for week and doing well. At my last visit the GI ordered HLA TYPING for Celiac Disease. See below

HLA-DQ2 (DQAQ*05/DQB1*02): Negative

HLA-DQ8 (DQA1*03/DQ1!*0302): Negative

HLA_DQA1*: 01

HLA-DQA1*:05

HLA-DQB1*:0301

HLA-DQB1*: 0604

I'm really confused. I have been doing soooooo well gluten free and I believe these tests show I do no have the gene for Celiac.

Can anyone help with these blood results. I had a positive biopsy which showed blunting of my villi and have been gluten free for week and doing well. At my last visit the GI ordered HLA TYPING for Celiac Disease. See below

I'm really confused. I have been doing soooooo well gluten free and I believe these tests show I do no have the gene for Celiac.

With a positive biopsy, you do have celiac regardless of what your gene tests mean. Not everyone has the supposed "celiac genes". Glad you are doing well gluten-free. Heck, I don't know what my genes are but I do know I have celiac and my adult daughter does, too.

I'm curious that your doctor ordered the HLA typing after you had a positive biopsy. The genes don't matter so much, the biopsy gives you a definite answer. As does your response to being gluten free.

What were your symptoms?

beachbirdie

That is a positive genetic test. DQA*05 gives some risk for celiac, although it is lower than DQB*02 or DQB*0302.

Besides, the biopsy is 100% accurate if you are all the way to villous blunting and feel better off gluten.