Jenniferxgfx

How Long Do The Headaches Last?

Rate this topic

I'm sure I'm getting gluten withdrawal headaches, and I'm about 3 weeks gluten-free, I think. (at least.) they're pretty brutal, and the first lasted 2 days, and then vanished. I've had a few since then, and theyre getting progressively better, but holy heck, I'm already tired of them. I assume there's a detox period, and all that. But how long might it last?

Whoops, I meant to put this in the post-dx category. Sorry, I'm posting mobile. :/

I had never gotten migraines before in my life but started to experience them during the 2nd to 4th weeks of withdrawal. Mine went away after that. Lately I've only been getting stress headaches, which aren't fun either :(

Feel better!

2-4 weeks into it is managable. i'll hang in there, i think, thanks :)

i'm sorry about your stress headaches! those are awful, too. stress isn't as easy to eliminate as gluten. :/

My headaches lasted about 2 months but were quite mild compared to the migranes I used to get. They started a couple days into the diet.

The first meal prooved it to me on the intolerance, I did not have pain after eating. Or the other 10 or so gastro pains/cramps/nausea etc.

then other problems started disappearing.

Don't for a second even think about eating gluten to stop the headaches. It didn't for me when I got dosed by a restaurant.

Keep thinking "I'm doing this for my health"

best wishes

gailc

Oh I didn't mean I was considering eating gluten! I'm done forever. I just don't want to lose my mind before the headaches go away!

But oh yes. I'll never knowingly eat gluten ever again. Ever.

Oh I didn't mean I was considering eating gluten! I'm done forever. I just don't want to lose my mind before the headaches go away!

But oh yes. I'll never knowingly eat gluten ever again. Ever.

Congratulations on your resolve. I found out today what I hope is the last sneaky wheat in my diet. The little crackers, actually fried won ton wrappers at my Chinese restaurant. I was told they were rice, twice. Today a different person said they had wheat. He brought out an unopened package, first ingredient was wheat.

I google things like 'gluten free won ton' so far I have not been disappointed. Even gluten free churros and matzo ball soup and buttermilk waffles.

gailc