caberma

Is Loloestrin Birth Control Gluten-Free?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

My doctor just gave me a prescription for Loloestrin birth control pills, and I called the company, which told me that they can't verify that it's gluten-free, but that as far as they know, there are no gluten ingredients. Is anyone else taking this particular form of birth control? If so, have you had any bad reactions to it from possible cross contamination, etc.? I just tried Ocella and it was a horrible experience, so I am wary of trying new pills without their being verified gluten-free.

Thanks so much!

Claire

Hi everyone,

My doctor just gave me a prescription for Loloestrin birth control pills, and I called the company, which told me that they can't verify that it's gluten-free, but that as far as they know, there are no gluten ingredients. Is anyone else taking this particular form of birth control? If so, have you had any bad reactions to it from possible cross contamination, etc.? I just tried Ocella and it was a horrible experience, so I am wary of trying new pills without their being verified gluten-free.

Thanks so much!

Claire

I don't know about Loloestrin, but have you considered a non-pill form of birth control? I'm on depo provera, a shot every 3 months, because it's cheaper, but you can also get little implants that last 3 years and IUD's that last 5 years.

It's a million times more convenient, and no concerns about gluten as a binding agent.