Eri82

Loads Better!

Rate this topic

Well, I have posted a topic a while back about how miserable my life was ( ten friggin years) of scarfing down gluten, not even knowing it was making me sick. Ok, fast forward several months of gluten-free diet. I am sooo different! First, my mysterious yet severe fatigue is GONE. My joints, which would always be in so much pain (I thought I would need a knee replacement at the age of 30) DO NOT HURT AT ALL ANYMORE. My digestive issues have cleared up.. My skin, hair and nails are finally starting to look and feel healthy. I have energy which is now consistent with my age (29, but before I felt 92) I no longer crave junk food like madness, and my weight is slowly yet surely getting down to a healthy number. While officially I am "Non-celiac gluten intolerant", I have no desire to eat gluten at all-I don't want to go back ever!!( ok, maybe just once a year funnel cake at the carnival) Thanks to everyone on gluten-free forum!!

• Upvote 1

Amazing. I am headed in that direction too but i was really sick and it is taking a while. =)

Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!! I am going down the same road as you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for you! I am coming up on a month gluten free and my joint pain and fatigue are gone. Face has cleared up quite a bit too! It's funny you mention funnel cake as your most desired gluten item, it's the one thing I would never in a million years touch! Got sick from eating one at Six Flags when I was 8 or so. I don't miss gluten all all either, in fact I can't even narrow in on one item I would die to have again.

Welcome to our exclusive club (although not a choice for any of us!) Those days are over for me and every week has gotten better and better. Onward and upward!