Jenniferxgfx

Tingling Hand After Gluten?

Rate this topic

I've only been gluten-free a few weeks. I have a laundry list of gluten-related symptoms. One has bothered me because I can't find any info on it. My right hand tingles (from mid-forearm on down) about 20 minutes after I've eaten something contaminated. My gp thinks I'm imagining it. It's been going on for months, but with all my other symptoms, I just put it at the bottom of the priority list, and I only recently realized it was only after meals with gluten.

Any idea what exactly is happening? Should I be concerned about long term effects? (like what?) Google hasn't helped much except to say this does sometimes happen. I'm hoping you've got some more insights.

i get that as well (along with the burning from h***).

As far as i know, it doesn't do long term damage.

If I get glutened, my left leg tingles for 24 hours at least. My gluten symptoms are neurological, so so far my first symptom is jitteriness the first day followed by the tingling the next. Then a few days or so of jitteriness, irritability, brain fog, anxiety, tingling. I don't know about long term damage. I've been dealing with tingling problems for 2 years and have only known about the celiac for a short time.

See Hadjivassiliou, Gluten Intolerance as a Neurological Illness.

Would hate to see what else your GP thinks people are "imagining," as this is a classic symptom for some of us.