WinterSong

Vitamin B Supplements

Rate this topic

I just got back from my 3 month check up with my doctor. I asked him about getting tested for vitamin deficiencies. He referred me to my primary care doctor but said that if I take a gluten free multi-vitamin every day (which I do) that should be enough.

For those of you who read my other post, I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety lately, and a few people suggested I get my vitamin B levels checked. Well, I really don't think it's worth a trip to my other doctor and another round of copays. I'd like to just try the supplement to see if it would help.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good brand that won't break my bank?

Thanks!

I like NOW brand and buy most of my vitamins from them. I find them in my local health food store.

I just started taking sublingual (under the tongue) B12. Since my villi are damaged I didn't know if regular vitamins would be absorbed? If you have damage too, taking it under the tongue will let it enter your body better.

I got Kroger brand..a national chain grocery store here. They have their vitamins and supplements on sale buy 1 get 1 free quite often. I read the ingredients and there's no gluten. It specifically says no gluten. I asked the Pharmacist about dosage and he said to get the 2500mcg, which is the strongest.

Thanks so much. Anyone know which kind of B vitamin would be best for anxiety? Ex B6 vs B12, ect.

Thanks so much. Anyone know which kind of B vitamin would be best for anxiety? Ex B6 vs B12, ect.

Get the sublingual B12 and then get a seperate vitamin with high levels of all the B's. I use a 'stress' form with high level B's and vitamin C.