Rate this topic

What are some ideas for school lunches? My 4yr old will be going to preschool in the middle of august. I am just trying to figure out what some good things to send her with to eat.

If you search this kids forum there are many other posts about lunch that will give you some ideas:

eg

My daughter doesn't eat sandwiches (never has even before we found out about celiac) so I pack her a hot entree in a heavy duty thermos (like the ones a construction worker would use that really keeps things hot until lunch) - some things she likes are pad thai, ravioli (Conte gluten-free), pasta, soup, stuffed shells, chicken nuggets, chili, etc. Some fruit and a treat. I usually bake cookies on the weekend and freeze them and a drink like a juice box. I used to kind of panic and pack her way too much food, but she settled me down to the three things. entree, fruit, and cookie.

I find it is easier not to worry about her finding a microwave to warm things up since she is in middle school and has a rather short lunch already.

I also always put in a few wet ones so she can wipe her hands or the table if necessary and a paper towel or two to use. I put the finger foods in tin foil so she can take them out of the thermos and use that as a sort of plate.

thanks for the info.