surfer

Still In Pain

Rate this topic

hello

i am a new member! I have been gluten free for about 8 months now and doing much better...but some days i still have a pain in my lower intestines! i think its other foods like niteshades or corn??

I know when i eat a raw tomatoes it upsets me, or egg plant... so i have taken those out of my diet....Then today, i ate some corn bread and feel sick again! does anyone have the same thing or could give me some good advice?

Thanks so much.:)

Some people have intolerance or allergy to corn. You might want to read up on that too.

Some people have intolerance or allergy to corn. You might want to read up on that too.

wow, thank you....

I have had some problems similar to yours. When I went gluten-free I improved slowly and still had some digestive issues - I tried removing dairy and nightshades with no improvement. From 6-14 months gluten-free I was in excellent health for the first time in years - then many of my symptoms returned and got worse. Only recently did my digestive issues return in full force.

I've been researching Lectins and Leaky Gut Syndrome which led me to start full elimination diet a few days ago. I started with two days green smoothie detox. Today is day 3 - I woke up sluggish as usual, but within a few hours I was wired (felt like I'd drank several cups of coffee) - was vertical for the entire day (haven't been that in months) and my brain was clear (have had terrible fog/memory problems). I'm still in muscle/joint pain, but am hopeful that I might be on the right track.

I'll be eating meat/vegies/fruit only for the next several weeks (depending on improvement) followed by challenge period where each problem lectin group is introduced separately: eggs, nightshades, nuts, dairy and grains.

Anyway some websites that I found interesting are:

http://www.cutthecarb.com/how-to-reverse-a-leaky-gut-and-stop-autoimmune-diseases/

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html