ferb

Candida Or Gluten Problem?

Rate this topic

Have you considered eliminating dairy or soy in addition to gluten? I've noticed my skin to be smoother in 2 weeks after soy was gone.

I don't know about the celiac because I am trying to figure that out myself, but I do know something about Candida.

I had to follow a yeast-free diet and take a medication called Hypo A Nystatin to get rid of my candida.

The drs at Hotze Health and Wellness Center in Houston, Tx are experts when it comes to treating this. You can find some info on their website hotzehwc.com

There is also a radio show on KSEV 700AM from 12:00-1:00 CDT. They do talk other things like hormones, but I have heard candida discussed on the show before.

Have you considered eliminating dairy or soy in addition to gluten? I've noticed my skin to be smoother in 2 weeks after soy was gone.

Yes, I have considered eliminating other things. I'm just trying to figure this out on my own since my doctors haven't been much help. The more I read about candida, the more I think that could be my problem more so than food intolerances. I've asked my doctor about it before, but he just kind of said he's never seen that and dismissed it.

I could be wrong, but the way I understand it, candida overgrowth can lead to food allergies because it creates little holes in your intestines which allows food particles into your blood stream causing your immune system to react.

I've picked up some flax oil, probiotics, and a few other supplements. I'm also gonna try the candida diet for a week or two to see what happens. If anyone has any insight on this... if you think my symptoms sound like candida or don't, please let me know. I feel like I'm just taking wild guesses here. Who needs doctors when you have google, right? Ha..