Jinkomedy

Help Me Understand My Blood Test.

Rate this topic

for having multiple digestive problems for a few year i asked my doctor to perform a celiace desease test done.

these are my results.i am going to type axaclty whats on the test report.

TTGA IgA Rfx EMA Titer

Tiss TGlutaminase IgA 5

Reference range: 0 to 19

If Tissue Transglutaminase Ab, IgA is negative, the Endomysial Ab, Iga Titer by IFA is not performed.

so bassically i got a number 5 for Iga which is negative for celiac??

and if i got a negative on tiss TGlutaminase the rest of the test is not perfprmed.

so did they just not do the full blood test or am i just dont have celiac or am i just gluten intolerant in your opion.

thank in advance

What a rip. They didn't perform the full blood panel.

Did they do a total IGA? If your total IGA is low it can keep any IGA related tests in a false negative range. Your doctor should also have done the IGG tests and the newest the DGP. Since false negatives on celiac tests are common when your done with all celiac related testing do go gluten free to see if it helps.

Did they do a total IGA? If your total IGA is low it can keep any IGA related tests in a false negative range. Your doctor should also have done the IGG tests and the newest the DGP. Since false negatives on celiac tests are common when your done with all celiac related testing do go gluten free to see if it helps.

not sure that is why im asking for help. im guessing they did not do a total IGA?? thats what is says on my test report.

should i go back to the doctor and ask why they didnt resume the other test?

if i do the test again wont if be the same outcome not completeing the rest of the test.