This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yellow Tongue And/or Altitude Sickness?

Thea-Bug

Thea-Bug Newbie

Totally random question, I know.... but has anyone here had a yellow tongue? I wonder if mine is related to celiac. Mine had gotten really bad before I went off gluten. It now comes very occasionally. I know that the tongue can be reflective of what's going on in your body (and often specifically with digestion), so I wondered whether anyone else had experienced that.

Also, as an avid skier, I've noticed that I can no longer tolerate the altitude! Haven't been skiing this season since going gluten free, but have gone every year for the past several years, and it has been unbearable. It wasn't an issue for me before at all. I know this is random and a long shot, but I'm just curious if the two could be related b/c the onset of my first really bad altitude sickness was right around the onset of my celiac symptoms.

Thanks!

Thea

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

If you are anemic & B12 deficient from the malabsorption, you won't handle altitudes well.

AzizaRivers Apprentice

Chinese herbal medicine successfully uses the tongue to diagnose a lot of potential conditions of the body, based on the color, coating, etc. Not everything, obviously. But you're certainly right about the tongue often being an indicator of certain things happening in your body.

I wouldn't be surprised if your occasional yellow tongue is a symptom of CC. Are your other symptoms extremely sensitive? Would you know if you had gotten trace amounts somewhere?

Thea-Bug Newbie

That's the weird thing, AzizaRivers - I don't think I'm all that sensitive to cross contamination or trace amounts. But now that you mention it, I'll definitely start paying more attention in the future.

I do wonder if it's gluten related for sure because at the height of my gluten related problems, it was really, really bad - picture a mustard colored tongue, all day long, every day. :o

Archived