oceangirl

Suave Conditioner? (Especially For Supersensitives)

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I know this has been addressed her ad nauseum over the years but I need a quick answer: are ALL Suave products still gluten free? Or at least clearly marked? And would anyone know if their Coconut conditioner is safe? If not, that'll teach me to switch off from using my tried and true vinegar rinse just 'cause my hair suddenly decided to become like straw...

!!!

Thank you for any help!

lisa

Hi everyone,

I know this has been addressed her ad nauseum over the years but I need a quick answer: are ALL Suave products still gluten free? Or at least clearly marked? And would anyone know if their Coconut conditioner is safe? If not, that'll teach me to switch off from using my tried and true vinegar rinse just 'cause my hair suddenly decided to become like straw...

!!!

Thank you for any help!

lisa

http://www.suave.com/contact?topic=hair

Listed on the FAQ for Suave ( a Unilever Product - the good guys)

Do your products contain Gluten?

Answer:

Products with any wheat, rye, barley or oat-derived materials are labeled with the names of those derivatives. Hydrolyzed protein from wheat, rye, barley or oat may contain gluten.

We recommend that you consult with your physician as to whether your exposure to grain derivatives from the use of personal care products will cause the symptoms of Celiac-Sprue Disease.

Lisa, the ingredient listing will be clear if added gluten. I, myself, am not worried about hydrolyzed protein from wheat, rye or oat, due the excessive processing. But, you, as a super sensitive may be. It should be clearly listing on the label (just bring a magnifying glass with you). Can't read those labels in my advancing age :(:angry:

Lisa,

Thank you for your highly-regarded response! I did read it but I admit I did not use my highly necessary, non-prescription yet I am useless without, eyeglasses, so I will review the microscopic writing again!

Thank you very much and I hope you are very well!

lisa

Lisa,

Thank you for your highly-regarded response! I did read it but I admit I did not use my highly necessary, non-prescription yet I am useless without, eyeglasses, so I will review the microscopic writing again!

Thank you very much and I hope you are very well!

lisa

I am and thank you. Hopefully we will get up into your neck of the woods early fall.