Rate this topic

Hi In the past few months I have had a few instances when my face suddenly felt on fire. Once my entire body felt like it was burning. I did not think it was food related but now I'm questioning gluten, of course. I've been back on it for a week and today my face began to burn. Like, I look in the mirror and expect it to be red but it's not.

Secondly, I'm sorry if this has been asked 1,000 times but...I really want to get off the gluten now. I've been on a week and before that, off 5 weeks. I am slowly sinking into a blurry funk again and am not liking it. If I took my blood test now is it pretty certain that it won't show anything or is there a chance that it could? It just sounds like the tests are a crap shoot by the sounds of many posts and it makes me want to throw in the towel. The foremost reason I want a test is so I could have a reason to ask for a test for my kids (they have various possibly gluten related issues and my middle son tested positive for some antibodies at 3 but the dr didn't want to do anything and then I didn't know anything about it).

I suppose I could just ask their dr anyway but I was sort of using myself as a guinea pig first. I will stay off gluten either way, I can't wait!

Jennie

Yeah, you are the Mama and you get to decide what the kids eat regardless of what the Dr.'s want to test for or do not want to test for. I couldn't get a Dr. to support my suspicion that my son's asthma might be related to Celiac. They said it wasn't a common symptom and my child was over not under weight. However, all of his symptoms went away when I eliminated gluten. I opted against testing for the same reasons you cited...the testing is a crap shoot and the elimination and challenge is one hundred percent accurate. It has changed everything for us. Regarding your face burning symptoms, they could be caused by vitamin deficiencies....I have read of the burning sensation happening to others on this cite too. Hang in there and persevere.