ndw3363

Afraid To Eat

Rate this topic

So I've been gluten-free since February. Had a few hiccups with the diet early on (some accidental, some just me being angry and trying to prove that gluten is NOT the problem...lol, it IS!!), but otherwise I have been feeling really good. Fast forward to the last 3 weeks...I had to travel for work, almost 4 weeks ago, which meant eating away from home for every meal for a week. I think I did ok, but I was starving. When I came home, I started a new job, ended a 4 year relationship, and fell into a bit of a stress induced depression. I was on a "comfort" food binge for awhile - which for me meant a lot more carbs, sugar, and alcohol than I normally consume. Everything was gluten-free, but my gut feels awful. Every day at around 3pm, I get terribly bloated and gassy (sorry). I'm currently SO uncomfortable and it's 5pm. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat - it always happens at the same time. Today for lunch I had a salad and some fruit!! Haven't had 1 real carbohydrate today, but I still feel terrible. Could I just be recovering from my carb binge?? I'm thinking that I need to cut them all out (mostly) for awhile and see what happens. Just wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom. I'm hungry ALL the time, but I'm afraid to eat anything because I get soooo bloated.

Were you ever checked for H PYLORI ???