UnhappyCoeliac

Is It Anything To Do With The Ear?

Rate this topic

Since I got a virus last year I have had bouts of dizziness tinnitus and mild to average hearing loss in one ear since.

I did some tests and one definitely and one borderline result for balance being affected on my left side (also left ear only with problem).

So is there any chance this is Coelaic related, I am pretty sure there is no chance, but thought I would just throw it out there, haven't been following my diet at all, probably why I got sick, probably why I now most likely have permanent damage to my ear at 25.

At the end of the tests the lady says it's either the organ of your left ear itself, or the nerve inside the hearing tests and all the other stuff ruled out anything else. Coeliac does it? affect the inside of one of your ears surely does it?

I've read one of the symptoms is vertigo (which I started getting). Some people have more neurological and systemic issues than others. A nasty virus can trigger ear problems...you'll probably never know.

I have ear problems too. I have no idea if they are celiac related or not, but my ears are a constant source of discomfort for me. I have terrible balance issues too. My husband was just urging me today to see a doctor about the fact that I've had muffled hearing in my left ear since April. I go through this a lot, always have, so I'm just used to it. I never thought about it being related to celiac disease.

Its not the same - but before I went gluten free I had chronic middle ear infections and the Dr says they were definitely related - I had around 20 in ten years. Also vertigo can be linked to celiac as can nerve damage. There are over 300 associated symptoms - which is why alot of us find it difficult to be diagnoses!