bbdailey

Soy Reaction?

Rate this topic

Hey everybody! I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease a while back and started a gluten free diet which helped so much.(it has been a long slow process) The Hashimotos is in the very early stages and I am not yet hypothyroid so I figure that I also have celiac disease(ive been tested but bloodwork was done when 2 weeks gluten free and biopsy done 3 months gluten free, both came back negative). I have been gluten free for 4 months now and soy and dairy free for just over a month. I was starting to feel pretty good all around about 3 weeks ago but about 2 weeks ago I started to feel worse and worse. I try really hard to make sure I get NO gluten so im wondering if it could be soy or dairy? Is soy and dairy easily hidden in ingredients? Im having trouble finding where it could have come from. I guess I started eating honey nut chex every morning around that time but I believe that is free of gluten/soy/dairy. Is soy ever snuck into oils/vinegars? Also around 2 weeks ago I ate out at chilis and had a gluten free salad(so they said) with citrus balsamic vinegrette. This could have had soy/dairy in it but the reaction wouldnt last this long would it? I also had classico sause last night thinking that it was safe...does anybody know if there is soy/dairy in it? My symptoms arent extreme physically but it seems to be effecting me mentally. I am more tired but its mostly created more brain fog/moodiness/slight depression. I was starting to do so well and trying so hard and now I seem to be going backwards:( Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Also I started taking thyroid medication about a month and a half ago(50mg) could this be just starting to kick in in a negative way?

In the US, soy and dairy will be labelled. Read the ingredients. Many things seem to have soy in it. Definitely possible there is soy in a salad dressing.

Could it just be the up and downs of recovery? I was getting better with fewer symptoms and felt pretty normal for a bit...now I seem to be in a more depressed mood than Ive been in in a long while which leads me to believe I must have had some source of food that I cant tolerate. Does anyone have input on their recovery and if you had random setbacks that didnt make sense?

In the US, soy and dairy will be labelled. Read the ingredients. Many things seem to have soy in it. Definitely possible there is soy in a salad dressing.

The exception to this is soy oil :angry: , My understanding is that any vegetable oil can be soy oil and does NOT have to be labeled as such.

Hey everybody! I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease a while back and started a gluten free diet which helped so much.(it has been a long slow process) The Hashimotos is in the very early stages and I am not yet hypothyroid so I figure that I also have celiac disease(ive been tested but bloodwork was done when 2 weeks gluten free and biopsy done 3 months gluten free, both came back negative). I have been gluten free for 4 months now and soy and dairy free for just over a month. I was starting to feel pretty good all around about 3 weeks ago but about 2 weeks ago I started to feel worse and worse. I try really hard to make sure I get NO gluten so im wondering if it could be soy or dairy? Is soy and dairy easily hidden in ingredients? Im having trouble finding where it could have come from. I guess I started eating honey nut chex every morning around that time but I believe that is free of gluten/soy/dairy. Is soy ever snuck into oils/vinegars? Also around 2 weeks ago I ate out at chilis and had a gluten free salad(so they said) with citrus balsamic vinegrette. This could have had soy/dairy in it but the reaction wouldnt last this long would it? I also had classico sause last night thinking that it was safe...does anybody know if there is soy/dairy in it? My symptoms arent extreme physically but it seems to be effecting me mentally. I am more tired but its mostly created more brain fog/moodiness/slight depression. I was starting to do so well and trying so hard and now I seem to be going backwards:( Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Also I started taking thyroid medication about a month and a half ago(50mg) could this be just starting to kick in in a negative way?

Soy is as sneaky or sneaker than gluten. It is in most everything processed and hidden well in many products.

Mayo,salad dressing,most canned tuna,chips,chocolate ,gluten free Bisquick,many gluten free mixes,gluten free flours and breads,meat products like lunch meats,hot dogs and pepperoni, ect can contain soy.

Honestly it was harder for me to eliminate soy than gluten. But so very worth the effort.

I started having funny reactions when I started eating chex too. Turned out it was the corn. You might try eliminating corn (good luck, it's hard!) and see if that helps.