Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Debbie B in MD

Surgery Recovery Question

I had a "minor" surgical procedure 3 weeks ago. It is unrelated to celiac. (I thought.) It was an endometrial ablation. Since then I have had a run through of all of the symptoms that disappeared in January when I went gluten-free. Has anyone experienced something similar. I am almost positive I haven't been glutened. Could it just be my body reacting to the stress of the anesthesia and procedure? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Did they put you on any new meds after the surgery and if so did you check with the maker to be sure they were gluten free? Surgeries can also have the effect of worsening our symptoms like any other stressor. If that is the case with you perhaps you are more sensitive to CC than before? Just a couple guesses. I hope your feeling better soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)