glutenfreeanddiabetic

Coping With Celiac

Rate this topic

I find at times it is hard for me to cope with my disease. I feel that it is running my life because I have asthma, diabetes, fibromyalgia and celiac. I hate it that at times my friends think that I am faking. It hurts my feelings that I can't just not feel good. My immune system is very weak and I keep getting sick. Right now I have pyloris which is swelling of the lining of my lungs. I go a couple of weeks and get sick. My mom has a cold I get the flu. I don't know what to do. I lost my job because I'm so sick. I wonder if anyone has had to file for disability because they just can't get better?

I find that when this happens to me eating simple foods like rice or even just plain rice noodles can go a long way in restoring a healthy immune system.

Also, be sure and get lots of rest. You really need it for your immune system to come right. In some cultures all people eat day in and day out is rice :unsure:

Tell your friends to stick it. I've seen that look too when I don't feel well for the tenth straight day and when I order so specifically when we eat out. Honestly, all you can do is control yourself...not others. I would take a few weeks and eat nothing but natural food...nothing processed. Give your insides some time to heal. Keep us posted.