Pandamom

Boars Head Cc

Rate this topic

Has anyone actually had a problem with cc when buying boars head Meats or cheeses? What if the super market doesn't clean slicer? Is this a real or perceived risk of cc?

I think cc could be an issue with cut in the deli. Ask your store if they cut any other brands. Some have said that their stores have Boars Head only slicers. Some will take an " order" and cut yours first thing in the morning ( cleaned at night) and hold for you. Some of the BH brand can be found pre- cut by BH and packaged.

At the Fry's deli I asked what else had been cut on the slicer and she simply asked if I wanted it cleaned. I said yes, and all was good.

I have had cc'd Boars Head cut in the deli, even after they cleaned the slicer! Easiest way to avoid this is by buying the prepackaged Boars Head. That's what I do. In fact, if the deli counter one is cheaper, my deli will give me a discount on the prepackaged stuff because I can't use the ones they cut! They are very nice about it! I use a Harris Teeter in my area. I tried to get them to do this when I was out of town (at a different Harris Teeter), but to no avail! Oh, well! Live and learn!

Good luck!