Rate this topic

So... in a nut shell... I am not celiac... although I wish that was my issue... I have Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth so I cannot have gluten, dairy, large amounts of soy, beans, and most sugars. I'm extremely limited. I really miss beer. I have been trying a few gluten free beer's whenever I find them. I was at a Brewery yesterday that surprisingly had a gluten free beer. Bards. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. I realized, that we really don't have much of a selection. Which is surprising considering gluten is a rising issue. There were so many kinds of beer. Pumpkin. Light. Autumn. Oktoberfest. Etc. Gluten free- one beer. Does anyone know any brewers working on some variety?

Redbridge is my personal favorite, which is made by (I think) Budweiser. You can sometimes find it at a regular supermarket in addition to BevMo. There are actually quite a few gluten-free beers on the market, but I've tried about half a dozen so far.

I hope you are taking a probiotic daily. I am currently being treated for C. Diff and had it for quite awhile before being diagnosed. The only thing that kept it from reaching dangerous levels were the strong probiotics I started taking when symptoms began. My last day of treatment is today....I hope it worked (crossing my fingers).

You may want to consider brewing your own beer. I've picked up the hobby recently and absolutely love it! It's fairly simple, fun, and the best part is you can make the different varieties you are looking for. I just brewed an eggnog brew yesterday.

If this sounds like something that might strike your fancy check into your local homebrew store. I use www.thehomebrewconnection.com because the owner actually has celiac himself and can give you a lot of info and recipes (as he has brewed many of them himself).

Otherwise, you might just have to continue to settle for the b-grade gluten free beer that's available or switch to cider.

-Nick

Hey Bartkid! Did you know my dog? :D (check out the thread asking how/why we chose our screen names.) Oh, and welcome to the board!