contrarianrevolution

Do I Have Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

I'm 18, and have had severe debilitating apathy for as long as I can remember. I have no motivation to leave my room, and I left college because even though I wanted to be able to do it, I was too apathetic to do any of the work. I have quite a bit of acne on my back, which I guess is suggestive of celiac disease. I've tried basically every medication to try to get rid of my apathy, and none of them worked very well. I was wondering if anyone with celiac disease in this forum feels or has felt incredibly apathetic. I've been looking for answers for years to figure out why I feel no pleasure and have no motivation even to play video games.

I'm 18, and have had severe debilitating apathy for as long as I can remember. I have no motivation to leave my room, and I left college because even though I wanted to be able to do it, I was too apathetic to do any of the work. I have quite a bit of acne on my back, which I guess is suggestive of celiac disease. I've tried basically every medication to try to get rid of my apathy, and none of them worked very well. I was wondering if anyone with celiac disease in this forum feels or has felt incredibly apathetic. I've been looking for answers for years to figure out why I feel no pleasure and have no motivation even to play video games.

If a person is having a problem with gluten, it very much can affect their mood. I would suggest going off glutens for at least 2 months as an experiemnt fo yourself to see if it improves your apathy. No harm done to experiment.

You should see your dr. That is a symptom of depression which certainly can be apart of celiac symptoms. Make sure your see your dr before trying gluten-free since testing usually requires that you are eating gluten.

And did the symptoms of apathy resolve after a gluten free diet was initiated? And I have seen a doctor (psychiatrist), where I got my medications from. I don't have any symptoms of celiac, I just would hate to leave it out as a possibility because no one knows what is going on with me.

It sounds like you are really searching for answers. So you do care about something.., that's good! There are so many possible causes of apathy. Do you have other things going on? Any physical symptoms? Hard things you are dealing with (or avoiding) in life? Lots of people are finding connections between gut health and mood. You might find it interesting to read about GAPS, the Gut And Psychology Syndrome.