morningstar38

High On Gluten/casein

Rate this topic

I have tried all my life to avoid drugs, yet look at my pic. I look like I just smoked a joint!!!! I am not kidding! I had a Celiac blood test and just to make sure that it would be positive I had a few (3) beef jerky sticks...all had wheat in them! I waited until I felt high until I went in and had the test. Don't know what you guys think of that practice, I just know that I am celiac and am sick of having drs say the test was normal your not (well I was 1 degree below not normal...problem?...that was a thyroid test, Later I learned that the thyroid gland shifts levels on a regular basis)...

So, in addition to having most of the symptoms, getting high most of my life off of milk and wheat. I also have epilepsy and am obese. Oh well, at least this high can't send me to jail!!! hahaha :wacko::wacko::rolleyes: I'll get off gluten after my biopsy and sleep better and not get high (as often? anybody get high on wheat/casin for the fun of it like marijuana?? can feel real good! but maybe I am crazy)

I hate highs lol. I prefer naturally induced contentment.

I have tried all my life to avoid drugs, yet look at my pic. I look like I just smoked a joint!!!! I am not kidding! I had a Celiac blood test and just to make sure that it would be positive I had a few (3) beef jerky sticks...all had wheat in them! I waited until I felt high until I went in and had the test. Don't know what you guys think of that practice, I just know that I am celiac and am sick of having drs say the test was normal your not (well I was 1 degree below not normal...problem?...that was a thyroid test, Later I learned that the thyroid gland shifts levels on a regular basis)...

So, in addition to having most of the symptoms, getting high most of my life off of milk and wheat. I also have epilepsy and am obese. Oh well, at least this high can't send me to jail!!! hahaha :wacko::wacko::rolleyes: I'll get off gluten after my biopsy and sleep better and not get high (as often? anybody get high on wheat/casin for the fun of it like marijuana?? can feel real good! but maybe I am crazy)

I've never had a reaction like this - unless the "high" you describe is like brain fog - that out-of-it, can't remember 12 to noon, what was I saying?, o.k. why did I come in here?, I'm-gonna-fall-asleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... feeling?!

All I remember is horrible pain & the above mentioned crazy neurological symptoms.

Good luck to you in sorting it out!

Best,

Pondy

To me the highs are similar to a sugar rush with brain fog, dizziness and fatigue lol. Scatty brain time. That hits before the diarrhoea.

It's not very nice lol.

This was happening to me over the past few weeks too!! I kept feeling as if someone slipped in some alcohol into my water or something I literally felt DRUNK!! I could'nt walk straight and the wierdest part was I wasn't even that concerned about it, since I felt drunk emotionally as well i guess.. It was followed by a pretty good headache so I wonder if it' induces some sort of atypical migraine like reaction.. But it is WIERD and I'd much rather have a glass of wine (not that I"m going to even do that for a long long long time), but no more caisen for me from now on!! I also got the twiches and muscle spasms BAD for a few days.. still going on, but getting better.. I had been avoiding dairy, but not butter. There is a serious learning curve to all of this!