Familytradition

Vitamin Deficiency Testing Or Other?

Rate this topic

Is there any particular vitamins or minerals that it would be wise to test for deficiencies? I have had severe malabsorption for a long time and not sure where to start with making things right. I don't have medical insurance and don't qualify for any sort of medical assistance either. Everything I do will be out of pocket for now. :huh:

If you have a local celiac support group, tgey may know of a doctor that can help you get testing, perhaps at a reduced rate.

If you have a local celiac support group, tgey may know of a doctor that can help you get testing, perhaps at a reduced rate.

Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and there is no local support groups that I know of. :( I can order labs myself through DirectLabs at a reduced rate but just would like some input on exactly what to order. I guess I could just order the general vitamin panel.

I appreciate your response. :)

Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and there is no local support groups that I know of. :( I can order labs myself through DirectLabs at a reduced rate but just would like some input on exactly what to order. I guess I could just order the general vitamin panel.

I appreciate your response. :)

The most frequently troublesome are b's, iron (full panel plus ferretin), d, calcium, magnesium, vit k, maybe a.

Anyone else want to chime in??